Collector car market is proving to be a safe haven investment in recent years according to the following recent news articles:
- Classic car market is becoming strong for sellers (Newsday)
- Since 2010, the average price of collectible Ferrari’s is up more than 70 percent, according to Hagerty, the collectible-car insurer and valuation … (CNBC.com)
- The value of classic cars has increased by an incredible 400 per cent in just ten years, according to new data revealed today. (MotorTorque)
Similar evidence regarding recent price strength can be seen by looking at prices realized at Barrett-Jackson, Mecum, and Branson Auctions.
We have recently sold a desirable Cougar convertible and Ferrari 328.
Now we are proud to offer up for auction in May 2013 a 1957 Ford Thunderbird “E” convertible for sale ( lot 400a)
- only has 78,000 miles with both hard and soft top!
- Vin: E7FH395571
- original 312CI/270HP V8 dual quad engine
- auto transmission
- Kelsey Hays wire wheels & original hubcaps
- original radio
- colonial white & red interior
“Nail the Hammer Price” Contest
You can show off your classic car market skills and win a $75 gift card by playing the May 4th 2013 “Nail the Hammer Price” Contest
- Simply guess what the exact hammer price realized for this 1957 T-bird convertible (lot 400a)
- Submit your hammer price guess along with your name & email address in the comment field below ( no later than May 4th at 11AM EST)
- The winner will be notified via email by May 6th 2013 at 3PM EST
- If nobody guessed the exact hammer price then the contestant with the closest guess will win $50 (notified via email by May 6th 2013 at 3PM EST)
- all entry’s will be kept confidential
- one entry per contestant
- no purchase necessary
- Must be at least 18 years old