Pot of Gold Estate Liquidations
CALL 623-925-2345
CURRENT AUCTION Auction Information Auction Results Blog Estate Sales Our Next Estate Sale Testimonials Admin Area
Older Posts:

September 16, 2010

Collecting Singer Sewing Machines

Filed under: Resources — Cheryl Todd @ 11:16 am

Antique 1934 Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine

Did you know…?  That Singer sewing machines were first manufactured in 1851?  Collecting Antique Singer Sewing Machines is a serious business, where style of machine, manufacture date, and condition are all-important.  The small, portable, and just-darn-cute Featherweight Styles are particularly sought after and highly collectable.  In order to determine the vintage, look to the serial numbers on Singer sewing machines.   If manufactured prior to 1900 you will find numbers only. After 1900, the machine serial numbers have a single or two-letter prefix.

Two great websites to check out are: Singersewingmachine.com and Sewingshop.com.

11 Comments »

1. I have one of these machines, Serial No AJ644957. can youn give me anything on the value of it please? Thank you

Comment by Doyle Golden — October 28, 2011 @ 8:27 pm

2. I have a Singer Featherweight, (no case)
    I would like to know its value, and matbe sel it.
    please get back to me.
    Ken Cloughley

Comment by KENNETH CLOUGHLEY — October 29, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

3. Hello! Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you.
    It is very hard for us to put a value on an item without looking at it. But I will tell you that the following site is very useful for finding information on your singer sewing machine. You can look your machine up by serial number to see approximately when it was made. Here is the link: http://www.singersewingmachine.com/manufacture.htm

Also, we post the prices of all the items sold in our auction, which might give you an idea of its value. I did a quick search of our past auction using the term “singer” and here is what I found: http://www.auctionflex.com/showlots.ap?co=10355&weid=0&weiid=0&archive=y&keyword=singer&lso=pricedesc&pagenum=1&lang=en

I hope this is helpful!

Comment by Cheryl Todd — January 20, 2012 @ 11:38 am

4. Hello Doyle! Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you.
    It is very hard for us to put a value on an item without looking at it. But I will tell you that the following site is very useful for finding information on your singer sewing machine. You can look your machine up by serial number to see approximately when it was made, based off of the serial number you provided the website dates your item has being issued in 1950. Here is the link: http://www.singersewingmachine.com/manufacture3.htm

I hope this is helpful!

Comment by Cheryl Todd — January 20, 2012 @ 11:42 am

5. i have a singer machine serial#gb989459 i would love to know the vaule of this 1934 machine

Comment by franchesca — February 27, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

6. I have an old Singer machine, by the serial was manufactured in 1923. It is set in a domed wooden box with “Singer” on the side. Inside the top, there are a box of accessories, a small oil can, and a thigh switch. The serial number is Y1079207. The machine itself is in good condition, turns and runs freely. Some wear on the Singer name on the back of the machine, but the rest of the gold filigree is intact. The case bottom has a few small pieces of wood missing, but still I would consider “fair.” Still has the original user’s manual with it as well. Any ideas?

Comment by Preston Judd — January 30, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

7. Have a singer sewing machine for sale

Comment by Ezra ramos — November 30, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

8. Preston,

Your machine sounds like something we would consign to auction, but the condition is very important. Also, are you local? Shipping the item to us could be pricey. Are you able to email me some photos? Please send to auctions@azfirearms.com.

Looking forward to your reply!
    ~Cheryl

Comment by Cheryl Todd — December 2, 2013 @ 11:15 am

9. Ezra,

Thank you for your note! We would be happy to evaluate your machine, to determine if it is something we might consign to auction. Please send photos to auctions@azfirearms.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    ~Cheryl